ShotProApp

This community is here to give a place for users of ShotPro to gather, share information, learn and suggest development features they want to see.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A few new requests

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JustinGDyck

PostSubject: A few new requests   Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:37 pm

Huge fan! I've been looking for this software for a long time and the much more expensive options kept letting me down. This app is 90% there and you guys are just getting started!

These would be on top of my priority list:
• Constructing a room with walls, either make the walls stretchable, or include more options. 1' walls, 5' walls, 10' etc. Also something other than white. If selectable wall colour is too hard to do in the near future, 18% grey would be better than white.
• There are a lot of action/sci-fi characters and props. Very cool, but not practical for comedy, family etc. Some more houses, parks, evergreen trees, old characters, heavier characters etc would be very helpful. What I'm asking is for props more affordable than dinosaurs Wink
• I saw a request for a Copy>Paste so that scenes could be brought into other folders, I would also use this feature a lot.
• When I duplicate scene 1, could scene 2 pick up where scene 1 left off? For example, in scene 1 character A starts on the left, walks to the right and lifts his arm. When you duplicate scene 1, scene 2 would have character A on screen right with his arm up and all of the key frames have been deleted. Now I move my camera and characters with new keyframes.
• Undo button (but you already know that people want this)
• Jump to keyframe. If my scene is long and I have a lot of keyframes, an arrow key to move to the next KF would be easier than trying to tap it.
• DOF Dist and DOF Size. What would you think about changing these to Focal Distance and DOF (maybe even T-Stop?) It wouldn't have to change exposer, but once you start implementing sensor sizes, knowing what a 50mm looks like at T1.8 vs T5.6 would be awesome (I realize this one may be tricky).

I direct a lot of kids and family television and films and am working now on a few Horror/Thriller projects so I plan to use this software almost daily. My writer/co-producer also comes from an animation background and has 6 years experience as a senior QA tester with Autodesk. If you ever wanted to send some new features my way (or even the mac edition of the software) he and I would certainly put it through its paces and he could offer you some very valuable feedback. Thanks for the app and thanks for working with your users, I'm excited for the coming months/years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustinGDyck

PostSubject: Re: A few new requests   Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:58 pm

I just learned a hard lesson prompting one more request. Can you add an "are you sure you want to delete" step? That was way too easy to lose an hour of work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinesias

PostSubject: Re: A few new requests   Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:00 am

JustinGDyck wrote:
I just learned a hard lesson prompting one more request. Can you add an "are you sure you want to delete" step? That was way too easy to lose an hour of work.

that has been fixed in 1.4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustinGDyck

PostSubject: Re: A few new requests   Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:58 pm

When you alter the duration of a shot, it trims the end of the shot off. If there was also an option to trim the head of the shot, we could animate the whole scene in one and use the first part of that scene, duplicated it, trim off the head, choose our camera for the second, and so on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy@ShotPro

PostSubject: Re: A few new requests   Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Justin,

Thanks for your input. Very good thoughts. You will probably see most of that stuff in the upcoming months. Keep the feedback coming, please.

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustinGDyck

PostSubject: Re: A few new requests   Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:01 am

The more I use it, perhaps simply adding in and out points for cameras would do the trick. My goal is to block an entire scene, then choose my cameras. I'll leave it to the fine people at ShotPro to figure out the most efficient way to do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few new requests   

Back to top Go down

A few new requests
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1