ShotProApp

This community is here to give a place for users of ShotPro to gather, share information, learn and suggest development features they want to see.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Detailed Feedback on features

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
robinschmidt

PostSubject: Detailed Feedback on features   Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:17 am

Hi, saw the app and immediately knew it would be a massive help for the way I work so I used it to pre viz a commercial these last couple of days and thought you might like to get some detailed feedback. It's an excellent piece of software and I fully understand it's early days and that it's going to develop, particularly in regard to the library of selectable assets.

An undo function would be really great, it's quite easy to accidentally move an item when you're trying to move the whole view.

Hard snapping for rotating. It looks like this is there on certain items but not on others. Trying to line up walls for instance gets really annoying with full 360 control. Might be nice to have a toggle for snapping to 45 degree increments.

Custom floor import. I often work to floorplans provided by production designers and it'd be great to be able to import and scale a floorplan to use as a custom floor so that physical relationships exist in real space.

Amazing to have control over legs and arms of characters. Any chance of getting the legs as well?

The timeline is a really great tool but if there were a way (in the longer term future) to get something like a HUD overlay where you could drill down into the different attributes with a bit more precision (i.e. with a marked timeline) so we could control the elements with their own keyframes.

Continuing with the headsup idea, I'd love to see some kind of feedback on the slider controls like rotation and elevation so you have numeric values in real time, like with the Z and X sliders.

Rotation in 3 axes. I'd love to be able to rotate in all directions so I can put a car upside if I want to. With that it'd be cool to have a 'drop-to-floor' function so you can ground items easily. I'd also like to be able to drop items below the floor sometimes. If we could scale them... even better.

Reset parameter. Maybe a touch and hold function to reset the parameter to default.

With the camera the DOF function is absolutely amazing and gives shots so much extra life with the lighting tools. I'd kill for a visual reference on the main camera graphic (like they do in after effects) so you know where the focus is actually sitting.

With characters I was wondering if it were possible to design it so that you have a male adult, a male child, a female adult and a female child but all of them could be customised like in a video game, with blonde, brunette etc. and the uniforms, clothes etc. you already have. Would love to be able to add more than one of the same type as well, like doctors in the hospital. It'd be great to have a baby character as well.

Vehicles with and without windows so we can put a character inside. And of course, prebuilt sets. I find the prebuilt house so useful it'd be great to have some generic simple sets like living rooms, hospital corridors, car interiors etc. but I appreciate that's a big ask.

Finally, you pretty much have most behaviours covered but I'd love to be able to put a character on their back. With a 3 axis rotation system this wouldn't be a problem.

Hope that's some use, and many thanks, it's already making me more productive.

Robin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy@ShotPro

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Feedback on features   Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:39 pm

Hello Robin,

Thanks for purchasing ShotPro and we are thrilled to hear it is useful in your work.
The undo feature is on the roadmap but a little down the road.
Snapping for walls makes sense. Other items like trees not so much. What other items other than walls would you like to have snapping?
Custom floor import is a good one and we will put it in the pipeline.
We just added leg control. You should see it very soon.
Controlling each component of a keyframe is something we considered and will probably implement in the future.
Feedback on sliders (good idea)
Rotation in 3 axes, we are planning on adding at least one more axis for the characters for now.
Scaling is in, you should see it in an upgrade very soon.
Reset parameter good idea especially when an item is scaled.
Visual DOF indicator. We contemplated this one. perhaps down the line a bit.
Customizable characters. This is what we are working heavily on now. I cannot tell you which solution will be implemented at this time.
Vehicles without windows. Good idea.
Prebuilt sets. This is definitely on the roadmap.
Yes another axis control for characters is coming.

Thanks again for your interest and feedback. Exactly the kind of info we need.

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
robinschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Feedback on features   Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:50 am

No worries. I actually missed one as well which may or may not be useful, and that was a grouping feature, maybe double tapping on an object allows you to add others to that selection. Useful for moving people in cars etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy@ShotPro

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Feedback on features   Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:46 pm

This feature is in the plans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
robinschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Feedback on features   Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:01 am

Just got into the updated version of the app, loving the scaling and the new camera options. Suddenly occurred to me that I could really use a dupe folder function so I can create a new version of an animatic, tweaking a few shots but retaining most.

Great work though guys, coming along nicely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy@ShotPro

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Feedback on features   Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:07 pm

Are you wanting a duplicate button for the whole project?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
robinschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Feedback on features   Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:24 am

Yes, that would be really useful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy@ShotPro

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Feedback on features   Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:52 pm

We will add that in the future. For now you can use iTunes and use the Save to... button to move pjt to your computer, then rename it and hit the Add... button in iTunes to add the new file to your device. You now have a duplicate of you project.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
robinschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Feedback on features   Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:38 pm

Great, that's easy enough, didn't know we had that functionality. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Feedback on features   

Back to top Go down

Detailed Feedback on features
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1