ShotProApp

This community is here to give a place for users of ShotPro to gather, share information, learn and suggest development features they want to see.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A few suggestions and requests

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daniel Kedem

PostSubject: A few suggestions and requests   Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:54 pm

First of all, I must say I love this app. I am a cinematographer who loves to plan ahead and am constantly searching for better ways to do so and share information with my director and crew.

I spent some considerable time in the past few days working with the app. It feels like a great tool. It's easy to pick up. very flexible, intuitive and strong. However, I do have a few suggestions and requests.

* Undo option - I know this has been mentioned before. Indeed, a must.
* Backgrounds - Would love a way to change position of background and it would be very useful to be able to have more than one at different angles.
* Duplicate Objects - Rather than go back to the menu and the move to place, it could be helpful to duplicate an existing object as it is positioned.
* Cutting - It would be great to have more cutting options. I would like to set up the scene once, then be able to create different angles and shots but then easily change the cutting point between the shots for export
* Length - It's great that I can trim the scene from the end, but it would be useful to be able to trim from both ends.
* Ambient weather - When working on larger scale scenes, weather remains local. Would be good to be able to expand or multiply weather objects.
* Timeline - Could we have a numbered time ruler beside the timeline?
* Sensor size/Focal Length - It is unclear to what sensor size the focal length relates. I'm not sure, but the field of view feels like it's wider than the focal length would create on a super 35 sensor.
* Key frames - Could there be a way to delete key frames?
* Moving mark for elevated objects - Especially on smaller objects, when they are elevated, the mark to move them remains on the ground and therefore often out of view and too far from object to be practical.
* Zoom out - Can we have a larger playground? there seems to be a tight limit on zooming out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions and requests   Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:26 pm

Quote :
First of all, I must say I love this app. I am a cinematographer who loves to plan ahead and am constantly searching for better ways to do so and share information with my director and crew.
Good, glad you have ShotPro to be useful. We're very happy to hear that.

Quote :
Yup, it's on the roadmap.
Quote :
* Backgrounds - Would love a way to change position of background and it would be very useful to be able to have more than one at different angles.
Good idea. How many would you like at a time?
Quote :
* Duplicate Objects - Rather than go back to the menu and the move to place, it could be helpful to duplicate an existing object as it is positioned.
Another good idea, thanks.
Quote :
* Cutting - It would be great to have more cutting options. I would like to set up the scene once, then be able to create different angles and shots but then easily change the cutting point between the shots for export
To clarify, you are suggesting to change cameras in the same scene. Basically, without having to copy/paste scenes.
Quote :
* Ambient weather - When working on larger scale scenes, weather remains local. Would be good to be able to expand or multiply weather objects.
We're aware of the limitations of the weather. It's on the roadmap to improve them.
Quote :
Thanks for the idea.
Quote :
There is. Do see the minus button below the timeline on the left? Is it there for you? Just select the keyframe, then push the delete keyframe button.
Quote :
* Moving mark for elevated objects - Especially on smaller objects, when they are elevated, the mark to move them remains on the ground and therefore often out of view and too far from object to be practical.
We've thought about this issue before. I assume you would prefer the green indicator stick to the object? This would conflict a bit with how the dragging works now.
Quote :
* Zoom out - Can we have a larger playground? there seems to be a tight limit on zooming out.
Are you saying make the ground plane bigger? Or just the ability to zoom the camera out more?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shotproapp.fullboards.com
Daniel Kedem

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions and requests   Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:36 pm

Thanks for the detailed reply!

Quote :
Yup, it's on the roadmap.

Thanks!

Quote :
Good idea. How many would you like at a time?

I think three or four would be good. Preferably with a rotation option.

Quote :
Another good idea, thanks.

:-)

Quote :
To clarify, you are suggesting to change cameras in the same scene. Basically, without having to copy/paste scenes.

It's two things maybe.

* If I copy and paste, but create shots that overlap in time, could there be a way to change the point I cut between them in the export?
* There's an option to add cameras within the same scene. Could I cut between them somehow, or only cut and paste and eliminate?

Quote :
We're aware of the limitations of the weather. It's on the roadmap to improve them.

Thanks!

Quote :
Thanks for the idea.

afro

Quote :
There is. Do see the minus button below the timeline on the left? Is it there for you? Just select the keyframe, then push the delete keyframe button.

Yes, a DP, but sometimes completely blind :-) my bad.

Quote :
We've thought about this issue before. I assume you would prefer the green indicator stick to the object? This would conflict a bit with how the dragging works now.

I see what you mean... That was what I meant, but I can understand the problem it would cause.

Quote :
Are you saying make the ground plane bigger? Or just the ability to zoom the camera out more?[/quote]

I did mean a larger ground plane. But perhaps the best thing would be to have it scalable?

One more thing that came up today - The ability to have an uneven surface. Could there be a way to have a hill or slope? I understand how this would complicate things, but say I want a shot of a character revealed appearing from behind a hill or crawling out of a hole.

Keep up the good work. Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Kedem

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions and requests   Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:38 pm

Also, what about the focal length. Did we miss that point?

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions and requests   

Back to top Go down

A few suggestions and requests
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1